APL Ration Card – Apply online and track the status of APL card, download from here. We cover the complete information about APL Ration Card Here.
These ration cards are classified into Green/yellow Cards for Below Poverty Line (BPL) Category, Saffron or Photo cards for the Above Poverty Line (APL) category and Antyadaya Anna Yojana (AAY) cards for Poorest families. This classification and categorization are done based on the Family’s annual income.
By this article, you will be able to know the information about How to Apply, Eligibility criteria for APL category and Status of ration card Application. Follow the article carefully to all the mentioned details about the APL Ration cards.
Eligibility Criteria For APL Ration Card
The Eligibility criteria are designed by the Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) based on the rules and guidelines provided the respective state government. The following are points listed in the Eligibility criteria by the TPDS.
Indian Government has established so many Public Distribution System in each state through which the Ration cards are issued to the people of those respective states. Click here https://www.pdsportal.nic.in/main.aspx to visit the Website of the PDS Portal of India.
- Families having a Total Annual Income of more than Rs.15,000/- and less than one lakh are APL category.
- The members of APL families should not own any four-wheeled or Light vehicle(Excluding taxi-drivers).
- The family should not possess the irrigated land of more than Four hectares.
If any member of the APL family does not satisfy any of the above-mentioned criteria then they are issued with White Cards for whom the subsidised rate services are not applicable along with further benefits and perks provided by the State Government.
If the annual income of the family does not exceed more than Rs.15,000/- then the family will be categorised as Below Poverty Line (BPL) family.
Commodities For APL Ration Card
The food & Security cards are provided to the families of the state by the Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) under the Minimum Common Need Programme which is implemented by the Indian Government.
Any essential commodities for the basic family needs are not issued to the families under the APL category.
- These families are provided with the Saffron cards for the people in the rural areas and with Photo cards for the people in the Urban Areas.
White cards or Honaray cards are issued to the people who do not require any amount of Ration from the Public Distribution System but need ration cards for Resident or Identity proof document purpose only. The Rice, Sugar and Kerosene are provided to the families with APL Ration cards.
- Rations received by the APL Ration cardholders are fixed by the Government depending upon availability.
- All the commodities and rations are fixed from time to time by the Public Distribution System.
- Only Rice, Wheat and kerosene are provided for APL families.
- Sugar is subsidised only BPL families and AAY families.
The subsidised rates or Rice, Wheat and Kerosene for APL families are also higher than the rates provided to BPL families.
How To Apply
The candidate who wants to apply for a new Ration card has to follow the below procedure carefully. The application procedure may be same for all types of Ration cards but all the candidate end up applying for their respective category ration cards.
These Application forms can be found on respective state’s Public Distribution System like the Andhra Pradesh’s PDS website. Click here http://epdsap.ap.gov.in/ to visit the AP EPDS website. The Application forms will be provided on that website.
- Visit the nearest Public Distribution Office.
- Obtain prescribed application form from the officials.
- Fill in all the details in the Ration card prescribed application form.
- The applications can be obtained for free of charge with no fee for all candidates.
- If the applicant needed a computerized ration card then he/she has to pay fee of Re.1
- The application form can be either submitted in a plain form or in a printed form.
- The details filled in the application form are to be genuine with no mistakes.
- The applications are to be filled and submitted either by Head of the family or by Spouse.
The application is submitted to the office itself when the applicant will be given an acknowledgement number which will be further used for tracking the ration card application status which is already submitted. After some days, the applicant can collect his/her ration card from the ration card office.
In case if he/she is not given any acknowledgement number then the applicant can demand it which is necessary for collecting the Ration card. The due date is printed on the Acknowledgment number receipt so that the candidate can collect the Ration card by visiting the Ration card office on that date.
Documents Required For APL Ration Card
The supporting documents are to be attached, filed and submitted along with the Ration card application. The following list of documents is supported by the Government as proof Identities.
- Three passport-sized photographs of the candidate.
- Proof of residence: Copy of any of the following documents showing the residence address of the applicant.
- Identity card issued by the Government or by Public Sector Undertakings.
- Latest telephone bill in the name of the applicant.
- Voter Identity card.
- Latest tax paid receipt.
- Extract of the Electoral Roll.
- Recent mail received by the applicant.
- Latest LPG receipt in the name of the applicant.
- Driving license.
- Original Passport.
- Latest rent-paid receipt.
- Any other documents that may prove the applicant’s residence.
All the documents are verified and checked by the Local Food inspector. If any fake document or false practice is involved in the Application procedure then the application may get rejected by the Food Inspector. Providing copies of Original documents will smoothen the process thereafter.